Saturday, March 26, 2016

One volunteer is better than ten pressed men!

With the Martlesham GHz Bands Round table and UKuG AGM coming up soon , the organisers, the Martlesham RS were disappointed to learn that top EMEer and the French half of the UK 10 GHz record QSO, Guy, F2CT has had to pull out of attendance and his talk due to work commitments.
Image result for f2ct
Guy, F2CT/P with his record breaking portable system

 I was discussing this with talks organiser Sam, G4DDK and within a few minutes I found myself as Guy's stand-in!
I plan to give a talk entitled "Using your 2300MHz NoV - options and ideas." I'll be cheer leading for use of our new 2300Mhz NoV and presenting a number of options for getting going on the band and re-using existing 2320MHz equipment.  I'll cover the modifications to an Anglian 144Mhz transverter and some ways that popular commercial equipment and homebrew can be modified for the band.

Hope to meet plenty of you there!     

No comments: